|Wanganui has a rich and diverse heritage. It has one of the most even all year round climates in New Zealand. It is a very family friendly city with many exceptional parks, easy access to beaches, boating, and fishing facilities.
It is located right on the Whanganui River offering some exceptional views and photographic opportunities. The Whanganui River is host to the PS Waimarie River Boat Paddle Steamer offering visitors scenic trips up the river.
Wanganui is within an easy day trip reach of the Whanganui River Road which follows the Whanganui River from just north of Wanganui to Pipiriki. A trip up the River Road takes you back in time to experience the true heritage of the region. Jet Boat tours to the historic Bridge to Nowhere depart daily from Pipiriki. We can assist you with organising trips to these attractions.
Wanganui is within an easy day trip reach of Mount Ruapehu and Mount Taranaki which both offer sking, tramping, and sightseeing facilities.
The Coachman's Lodge Motel is conveniently located to provide easy access to these many facilities and attractions. We are:
- 1.4 kms from the CBD.
- 1.7 kms from Springvale Park which contains Heated Indoor Pool (Splash Centre), Gymnasiums, and Sports Fields. It is the North Island hosting centre for the Masters Games.
- 1.3 kms from Cooks Gardens which hosts track and field events, enclosed by two grandstands, and provides Function Centre and Conference facilities. Visit the Cooks Gardens Website.
- Close walking distance to Wanganui Hospital.
- One of the closest motels to the Wanganui Airport being only 4 kms from the Airport.
- 1.8 kms to PS Waimarie River Boat Paddle Steamer. Visit the PS Waimarie Website.
- 1.7 kms to Durie Hill Tunnel, Elevator, and Tower with spectacular panoramic views of Wanganui.
- Ten minutes drive to Castlecliff Beach which includes a children's playground.
- Twenty minutes drive to Kai Iwi Beach which also includes a children's playground.
- Fifteen minutes drive to the Bason Botanic Gardens. Visit the Bason Botanic Gardens Website.
- 4.4 kms to the picturesque Virginia Lake which includes the Winter Gardens and a bird aviary.
- 3.9 kms to Kowhai Park which includes a large children's playground, children's train rides, flying fox, and easy river access through parkland grounds.
- There are free gas barbecue facilities at Castlecliff Beach, the Bason Botanic Gardens, Virginia Lake, and Kowhai Park.
For further information about Wanganui visit:
www.wanganui.com and www.wanganuionline.com